- The NCRG membership includes approximately 28 clubs with nearly 1000 members in northern California and western Nevada and as a group, provides a strong voice in matters involving the Model A hobby. This could come into play involving issues with MAFCA or MAFFI because NCRG’s impact would be significantly greater than that of an individual club. MAFCA’s decision in 2008 to provide D&O insurance coverage to its member clubs was initiated by NCRG’s proposal to the Board in late 2007.
- NCRG has provided the leadership to member clubs to host the annual Roundup usually held in the spring of each year or more recently, a less extensive Model A era focused event such as a Mini Roundup, a weekend or a day of fun. NCRG’s role includes advancing a loan to the host club to start the planning process, financial assistance to host specific events such as the hospitality or welcome party and working with the host club to assure that any unpaid expenses of the Roundup or alternative event are resolved equitably.
- NCRG normally has 2 meetings per year which serve as a forum for individual clubs to bring up issues concerning the Model A hobby. This type of forum helps to disseminate information of concern to the hobby and provides the opportunity for other member clubs to take appropriate action on an issue. The winter meeting is held at the California Automobile Museum in Sacramento or another available location. The annual meeting is held at a scheduled Roundup or alternative NCRG event.
- NCRG maintains a website (www.ncrgmafca.com) which contains current news and information concerning NCRG and MAFCA which is of interest to Model A owners in northern California and western Nevada. Also posted are registration forms for all of the upcoming meets in our area, club newsletters and other Model A related information.
- NCRG has established a youth award program for children of members of chapters which belong to NCRG. The purpose of the program is to encourage youth to participate in the various aspects of the hobby and has three divisions—Model A restoration, Era Fashions, and Model A Ford memorabilia. The awards for each division are up to $400, $200 and $100 respectively.
- The NCRG has hosted the 1980, 1998 and 2018 MAFCA National Conventions in Reno/Sparks, Nevada and the 2005 MAFCA Annual Membership Meeting in Sacramento, CA. These were extremely large undertakings and only possible with the assistance and resources of all the clubs in the NCRG. Without the NCRG and its resources, these events were probably not an undertaking any single club would be willing to handle. Because NCRG was willing to undertake this project, all Model A clubs in California, Oregon and Nevada had the opportunity to attend a MAFCA National Convention or MAFCA Annual Membership Meeting reasonably close to home.
- The NCRG Board has hosted Roundups in 1981, 1990, 2010, and our first Mini Roundup in 2022 with the assistance of NCRG chapters and members to coordinate and host specific events. Multi chapter participation makes it possible for smaller chapters to be involved and make these regional events successful gatherings of Model A enthusiasts.
To join, contact any one of the NCRG Board of Directors for assistance.